BW1684-PCIEA is a single-band(5GHz) 4*4 Wi-Fi 6 module. The module enables the development of advanced high-efficiency wireless Wi-Fi 6 access points, repeaters, and WLAN client solutions.
Wi-Fi 6 introduces Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access(OFDMA) to enhance the multi-user experience.It is an evolutionary step forward from Wi-Fi 5 in that it allows multi-client transmissions in both the uplink and downlink directions.OFDMA multiplexes clients across frequency instead of spatial streams to allow for more concurrent users than MU-MIMO.
BW1684-PCIEA supports 160MHz channels and IEEE standardized 1024-QAM modulation. These combined with a 4x longer OFDM symbol length, allow for a maximum PHY rate of 4.8Gbps. It is backward compatible to previous generations and supports MU-MIMO from Wi-Fi 5. Embedded hardware acceleration enables increased system performance and significant reduction in host-CPU utilization in both client and access point(AP) configurations.
- Wi-Fi 6 compliant.
- Single-band OFDMA allows for a higher density of simultaneous users.
- Quad-stream spatial multiplexing to 4.8Gbps data rate.
- Wi-Fi 6 4*4 160MHz channels.
- 1024-QAM modulation rates.
- 4*4 MU-MIMO on 80MHz channels.
- Supports RangeBoost technology.
- Support LDPC in both TX and RX for increased wireless coverage.
- 3+1 DSP-based Spectrum Capture and Zero Wait DFS.
- Supports Digital Pre-Distortion(DPD), which reduces power consumption and improves Band Edge performance.
- Wi-Fi 5 legacy compatibility with enhanced performance.
- Complies with PCI Express base specification revision 2.0.
- Supports Linux for access point and router applications.
- Comprehensive wireless network security support that includes WPA, WPA2, and AES encryption/decryption.
- Supports full-host CPU IEEE802.11 packet offload.